Oct 22, 2013

10-22-13 Slinging Mud...........


Sorry about the weird Links - not sure what that glitch is all about...

The rainy season has started kicking into gear so every night it will just down pour! One night mud was being blown into our room. And when the power goes out it’s almost impossible to get a full nights rest. But that is Africa, and I love it!

This week has been very fast and not too many crazy stories. We are teaching a Nigerian named John. He’s amazing. He quit his job because they won’t give him Sundays off and now owns a hat selling stand. He is awesome and should continue to progress. He also somehow knew about the marriage rule in the church before we taught him. He was already working on the DOT and so we will see where that goes! 

Ngasaki was supposed to be baptized but he never showed up for his interview. We will try again next week. Ricardo is doing well. His dad reopened his monetary support so Ricardo does not have to worry about starving! 

Elder Lundberg and I are getting along very well.  We teach very well together and are both dedicated. We are on opposite ends of the mission though. He has 4 months left and I have been out for 5 months. By the way - that is ridiculous! Almost a 1/4 of the mission finished and I am still learning French and the scriptures. Transfer letters come this week again and so I don’t know where I’ll be in 2 weeks. I’ve been here for 3 transfers so I could change spots. 

We have a fun activity planned for today - we are going to the beach one last time with the Wheatly’s before they leave for America.  Should be fun! Well life continues for both me and all you at home. What are you all doing for Halloween? I don’t think we do anything special. 

Well, if you have any questions I am here to answer them. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Congrats Maya on all the great things you are doing at home. Sounds like you are getting really involved in school and church activities which is great! Hopefully you are all having success in all your endeavors - school, work, and play. 

Love you guys! 
Elder Johnson